K-8 STEM – Project Lead the Way: (from https://www.pltw.org/)
- Global and local challenges surround us. To address these challenges and move forward, we need people who know problem-solving strategies, think critically and creatively, communicate and collaborate with others, and persevere when something does not work the first time. Project Lead The Way empowers students with these skills – relevant to any career or role they take on – and prepares teachers to engage their students in hands-on learning.
- Our pathways in computer science, engineering, and biomedical science engage students in hands-on activities, projects, and problems; empower them to solve real-world challenges; and inspire them to re-imagine how they see themselves.
K-2 Grade Literacy (http://www.benchmarkadvance.com/)
Benchmark Advance is a comprehensive literacy program that includes a clearly sequenced alignment of reading, writing, phonics, and language instruction. Units are topic-based with a comprehensive literacy approach that addresses the Common Core State Standards. Each unit has rich texts aligned to social studies and science topics that build background knowledge and vocabulary. Benchmark has a comprehensive assessment program that includes formative, summative, and performance-based tasks that mirror PARCC.
3-8th Grade Literacy (https://eleducation.org/)
- The Expeditionary Learning curriculum combines rigorous content with effective practice, bringing together the “what” and “how” of Common Core Success. It gets students excited about learning through great books, compelling topics and ownership of their learning. At the same time, teachers get a vision of the instructional practices that support a Common Core-aligned classroom and the tools to create it.
6-8th Social Studies
- Literacy Design Collaborative is an instructional framework based on backward design that is explicitly tied to the standards for College and Career Readiness. It does not replace current units, but rather provides content literacy support in subjects such as social studies and science, allowing students to deepen understanding through focused reading and writing. LDC is delivered in a 2-4 week module where students experience and interact with complex text to develop a robust piece of writing that demonstrates content and skill knowledge
K-5th Grade Math (from https://www.mathlearningcenter.org/bridges)
- Bridges in Mathematics is a comprehensive K–5 curriculum that equips teachers to fully implement the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics in a manner that is rigorous, coherent, engaging, and accessible to all learners.The curriculum focuses on developing students’ deep understandings of mathematical concepts, proficiency with key skills, and ability to solve complex and novel problems. Bridges blends direct instruction, structured investigation, and open exploration. It taps into the intelligence and strengths of all students by presenting material that is as linguistically, visually, and kinesthetically rich as it is mathematically powerful
6-8th Grade Math
- Engage students in active, personalized learning.
CMP3 takes inquiry-based learning to the next level. New digital tools engage students while driving conceptual understanding, procedural skill, and real-world applications.
- Teach the Common Core, teach with greater ease.
CMP3 aligns to the Common Core State Standards and prepares students for college and careers. Technology applications help you manage your classroom with fidelity, maximize instructional time, and capture needed student data.
- Apply a research-proven instructional approach.
CMP3 offers the most comprehensive research base of any middle school mathematics program. Download Connected Mathematics Project research and evaluation reports.